Blue Zones Sardinian Spinach and Greens with Pecorino Cheese
Posted on June, 6 by Miranda Bauer
This recipe is a Blue Zones twist on making a scrumptious, summer salad, Sardinian style!
1 pound spinach
4 garlic cloves
1 big handful basil leaves (about 1 cup)
2 TBSP olive oil
5 oz pecorino cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
• Wash spinach in cold water.
• Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil.
• Cook spinach for 1-2 minutes, strain through a sieve
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
• Peel garlic and cut into thin slivers. Mince basil finely as well.
• Mix spinach with garlic, basil and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Put spinach into four individual oven-proof ramekins. Cut pecorino into pieces and put on top of spinach.
• Bake spinach in oven for about 4 minutes, until cheese starts melting.