Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment & Payment Policy – All enrollment payments are due upon receipt of invoice. If payment is not received within 30 days following date of invoice or if your chosen payment method is declined, no reservation will be made for you in the Blue Zones Built Environment Designing Healthier Communities Program (the “Program”). Your reservation in the Program will only be confirmed upon your receipt of payment confirmation from Blue Zones, LLC (“Blue Zones”). All payments made online will receive email confirmation from processor following payment processing. All payments made by check will be confirmed by a Blue Zones email upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy – Cancellations received at least 20 days prior to the start date of the Program will result in a full refund without penalty. Cancelations received between 19 days and 14 days before the start date of the Program will result in a refund of 60% of the enrollment fee. Cancellations received or refunds requested within 14 days before the start date of the Program, on the start date of the course or during the course will not be honored.
- Termination Policy – Blue Zones reserve the right to immediately terminate your participation in the Program, without any refund of any enrollment fee, if your behavior is considered to be objectionable by Blue Zones, such as threatening or disruptive influence during the Program or subversive activities, including bullying, discrimination or harassment of other participants, instructors or staff.
- Indemnification – You agree to defend and indemnify Blue Zones, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, consultants, agents and representatives against all liability, loss, damage, cost and expense, including attorney’s fees and legal costs, related to your violation of these Terms and Conditions or your unauthorized use of any service or materials provided by Blue Zones.
- Failure to Enforce – The failure of Blue Zones to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision for the future and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision.
- Revisions at any time without notice – These Terms and Conditions may be revised at any time by Blue Zones without notice to you. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions. Your request to enroll in the Program constitutes your agreement to these Terms and Conditions, as revised. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not enroll in the Program. We will use reasonable efforts to post a notice of any revisions to these Terms and Conditions, together with any updated policy in an email to you, provided that our failure to do so will not relieve you of your obligation to regularly review these Terms and Conditions. You agree that neither Blue Zones will be liable to you for any revision to these Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property – You acknowledge the exclusive rights of Blue Zones to their intellectual property, including their copyrights and trademarks, which rights are fully protected by appropriate international copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Act of God – Blue Zones will not be liable to you if any event beyond their control prevents the presentation of the Program. If any event occurs which causes the cancellation of the Program and the Program cannot be rescheduled, participants’ sole remedy will be to receive a refund of 60% of their enrollment fee. In no event will Blue Zones be liable to participants for any damages related to any such cancellation.