Director of Accounts Blue Zones Activate & Campus Initiatives
Continental United States
Blue Zones employs evidence-based ways to help people live longer, better. Our work is rooted in explorations and research published in the New York Times best-selling books The Blue Zones, Thrive, The Blue Zones Solution, and The Blue Zones of Happiness—published by National Geographic books. Using original Blue Zones research, Blue Zones works with cities to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes to a city’s environment, policy, systems, and social networks.
We are applying Blue Zones research and principles in 58 communities throughout the U.S., significantly improving health and lowering healthcare costs. Participating communities have experienced double-digit drops in obesity and tobacco use, improved community well-being, and have saved millions of dollars in healthcare costs. We take a systematic, environmental approach to well-being that focuses on optimizing policy, building design, social networks, and the built environment. Our work is Pro-Pedestrian, Pro-People, Pro-Plant, and Pro-Purpose. The Blue Zones Project is based on this innovative approach. Our work has been featured in media from Oprah to NPR, the New York Times, WSJ, NPR, National Geographic, and the New England Journal of Medicine.
The Director of Accounts is responsible for customer and sponsor relationships as well as day-to-day operations of Activate and Campus– a multi-year transformation for organizations that measurably improves the health and well-being of individuals’ work, live, and study initiatives. This role ensures strategic alignment with customer and sponsor goals and expectations along with meeting contractual requirements. The role also is accountable for ensuring project value promise, outcomes, and financial performance are executed against the plan. This position works with multiple levels of the organization, optimizing internal team processes and procedures, and proactively manages direct and indirect reports.
Reports to: Blue Zones, LLC, VP Finance & Operations.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Must have a growth mentality and the requisite nimble and agile approach to support a fast-growing business unit. Knowledge of and demonstrated belief in the Blue Zones principles required.
- Develop and manage a trusting relationship with customers and sponsors.
- Drive quality and customer satisfaction by delivering products and services with excellence.
- Increase customer, sponsor, and community engagement through presentations to large stakeholder groups, focus groups, and in one-on-one meetings.
- Manage day-to-day operations of Activate and Campus initiatives including leading teams to execute project plans and ensure alignment to project budgets and quality standards.
- Manage tight deadlines and exceed customer and sponsor expectations with attention to detail.
- Support business development processes and ensure seamless customer and sponsor transition post contract execution.
- Support contract renewal processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Commensurate with experience
Experience & Education:
- 5+ years of experience managing customer relationships and teams
- Proven success in building productive, strong relationships with customers
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, organize, direct, and motivate a team
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Degree in Life Sciences, Political Science, Healthcare, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or Business desired; Master’s degree preferred.
Skills & Qualities:
- Keen ability to listen, process information, and manage perspectives of both internal and external stakeholders, maintaining balance between customer requests and expectations and company standards and obligations.
- Relationally driven, enjoys interacting and building trust with people
- A collaborative, team-oriented style with the ability to be decisive
- Highly developed writing and public speaking ability
- Able to communicate effectively as a spokesperson with local media and with local/regional/national organizations.
- Ability to motivate, to persuade, negotiate, and resolve conflicts
- Strong organizational and managerial leadership skills
- Results oriented-understands what results are important and focuses resources to achieve them.
- Adept at budget management.
- Considerable energy and a strong work ethic
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Is fast-paced and agile
- Intellectually curious and a can-do attitude
- Inspiring, influencing, collaborative, and responsible.
- Energized by and embodies Blue Zones Mission.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.