Research shows that friends can have a long-term impact on our health. In fact, if your best friends are obese, you’re about twice as likely to be overweight. The following exercise is for you only. You don’t need to turn this in. You don’t need to share it. It’s just an honest assessment for your own reflection.
Use this checklist to determine how your three closest friends are positively influencing your life and which areas need improving.
- Enter your name and the names of the three people with whom you socialize most and can discuss personal matters (excluding a partner).
- In the first column, select the best option that matches how well you live according to the longevity questions.
- Do the same for your friends in the corresponding columns.
- The check up will automatically add up your points and the points of the three other people entered. You can see your score at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address to receive a copy of your Blue Zones® Tribe Check Up results or print a copy directly from the page.
- Look at your areas for improvement and evaluate which friends could be good role models.
- Consider how you and your friends could help each other improve.
- Is there is an area in which none of your friends are a positive influence? Write down other people you know who could help you, or ideas of where in your community to meet people who will help you change your life.
Submit your Blue Zones® Tribe Check Up results to have them emailed to you or print a copy directly from the page. Look at your areas for improvement and evaluate which friends could be good role models. Consider how you and your friends could help each other improve based on your answers and the recommendations given. These changes don’t have to be made all at once. Pick the easier ones to start with and continue completing at least one item each week.