- Put the cashews in a blender and blend until finely ground. Add 3/4 cup of water and blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cashew mixture through a fine- mesh strainer, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon, into a bowl. Set the cashew milk aside until needed.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onions and saute until golden. Add the cauliflower, coconut milk, cashew milk, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until the desired consistency is reached.
NOTE: If using a standing blender, allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Pour the soup into the blender. Hold the lid down firmly with a clean, folded towel over it. Start on low speed and blend until the soup is smooth. Return to the pot and reheat if serving hot. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the onions and cilantro before serving.