- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas well. Lie out a clean kitchen towel or several layers of paper towels and pour the chickpeas out. Gently pat chickpeas until they are very dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and spices. Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour the chickpeas in an even layer onto a sheet pan with sides lined with foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Add maple syrup and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4
Per serving: calories 171, fat 4g, sodium 228mg, fiber 6g, protein 7g
Source: Connectors Moai