- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup of baby bella mushrooms (or shiitake, or both)
- 2 portabello mushrooms (sliced into 1/3-inch slices)
- 1 bunch flat leaf kale
- 1/3 stick butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup dry sherry or white wine (or vegetable broth)
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce (or a vegan substitute)
- 2/3 cup tofu cream
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 12 ounces dried egg noodles (or egg substitute)
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chives or parsley
- additional paprika (optional)
Directions1.Cook onions, garlic, and olive oil in a skillet until translucent, and add a teaspoon of paprika, then set aside.
2.Chop dried porcini mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms (or shiitake, or both), and portabella mushrooms and set aside in a large bowl.
3.De-vein, chop, then lightly steam the flat leaf kale, set aside.
4.Form a white sauce by mixing butter and flour. Add dry sherry or white wine, Worcestershire sauce, tofu cream, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
5.In a large pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil, then add sliced and cut mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes.
6.Boil a pot of water and prepare dried egg noodles.
7.Mix all ingredients together, then add chopped walnuts and chives or parsley, sprinkling liberally on top. If desired, sprinkle additional paprika for color.
Ready to serve.