A beautifully simple recipe that can be doctored up to your heart’s content! The bean sprouts are an unexpected flavor and texture and mix well with rice. Add cubes of tofu, a dollop of chili pepper paste, or a few sprigs of Thai basil for extra flavor and nutrients.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp toasted and ground sesame seeds
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup prepared bean sprouts
1. Wash rice well and add 3 cups cold water.
2. Combine onion, garlic, sesame seeds, soy sauce, oil, and bean sprouts, cook all together for 2 minutes, stirring well.
3. Combine bean sprout mixture and rice, cover tightly, and bring quickly to a boil.
4. Reduce heat as low as possible and steam 30 minutes. Do not stir or remove the lid while cooking.