What Happened When 1,100 Adventist Health Employees Took On the Blue Zones Challenge
Genetics are responsible for only about 20 percent of how long we live. From the research of the original blue zones—places where people live longer, happier lives—we know that lifestyle and environment make up the other 80 percent. “People in blue zones don’t have better discipline than us, they don’t have better self-control, they don’t have better programs—they live in environments where the healthy choice is the easy choice,” said Dan Buettner.People in blue zones don't have better discipline than us, they don't have better self-control, they don't have better programs—they live in environments where the healthy choice is the easy choice. — @thedanbuettner Click To Tweet
Recently, 1,100 stressed, tired, and burned-out Adventist Health healthcare employees took on the Blue Zones Challenge where they updated their living spaces, built their social lives, changed their diets, and increased their activity. Dan shared on the TODAY Show about the positive experiences that came when employees were empowered to focus on their well-being. The average person who took the Challenge lost about a pound a week, some as many as 10 pounds total, and people also reported being happier, having better relationships, lower cholesterol, and deeper connections with new and old friends alike.
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) January 28, 2022
View this post on Instagram